Mozzarella Fior di Latte campana Vs common mozzarella
Let’s see why Fior di Latte mozzarella from Campania stands out compared to the mozzarella you find on supermarket shelves. Different ingredients and production processes result in different taste and pricing.
MOZZARELLA FIOR DI LATTE CAMPANA
- It’s made with cow’s milk in Campania, Italy.
- Supplemented with natural whey starter (the cheesemaking residue from the previous day) or with the addition lactic ferments
- Time is an ingredient: fermentation lasts 5 hours
- It tastes of sourish milk
- Its texture improves cooking performance, making it ideal for pizza.
- It’s made with cow’s milk in various EU countries
- It is supplemented with E330 citric acid
- Shorter fermentation, since citric acid accelerates this process
- Its taste is neutral
- Its texture is softer, thus releasing a fair amount of water when cooked.